Saturday, May 4, 2013

Learning to let go

Learning to let go is hard.

In a world where everything is based on the individual, is taught that you shouldn't depend on someone else, letting to to the things of this world and giving it to God is extremely tough. I've been in that rut recently. I have had school, work, leading a bible study, playing in both the regular and honors orchestra, being involved in both family and friends lives and so much more. Now those are all good things, but sometimes it can be stressful and I haven't been giving it to God recently. I've been lying awake at night, reflecting on things I could have done better, stressing about everything, and focusing on everyone except God. 

The thing is, God takes all of those stresses away. Because we don't have to worry about all that; it's not like it will matter when we get to heaven or even ten years from now. But peace. That is what God gives us in the hard times when we look to him and ask for it. The problem is that we never look. I'm starting to realize that I have not looked to God in all of my life's problems and troubles. And I need to change that. 

Father, please do a work in me and everyone else that isn't looking towards you. We need you badly. Love, your daughter.