Sunday, September 23, 2012

Spiritual Low...

So right now I'm in a spiritual low. I'm getting very conflicted about Christianity in general. American Christianity is so different from true Christianity. I'm not motivated to read my Bible. When someone tells me something, I nod, but I am not able to truly understand. I do not see any opportunities to tell others about Jesus in school. I haven't "felt" God in a long time. I don't bask in his amazing-ness when I am walking out in nature. I'm getting more impatient with my parents. I don't want to serve my parents and help without even asking. I'm in a hole right now, trying to get out.

The amazing thing about God is that even after He knows all of that about me,  He still loves me! I could lie to my parents, cheat, steal, do what other teenagers do, not think about Him at all, and yet HE LOVES ME! You could lie, cheat, steal, curse, or do anything else sinful and yet HE STILL LOVES YOU! That's such a hard thing to wrap your mind around. He loves us more than anyone else in the world. Now that seems like such a simple concept, but it is one that is so hard to truly believe. We feel like we have to earn God's love, but we really don't have to. He loves you, with all of your flaws and all of your insecurites.

Now that's not an invitation to go out and go wild, but it is so freeing to know that you don't have to do anything to earn His love and you don't have to be guilty about anything at all. God knows you better than you know yourself and He is always there with you, in the good times and bad.

He loves you more than you can imagine, even with all of your flaws!  Now live like it!