Saturday, January 4, 2014

Living a Simple Life in a Cluttered World


I don't know about you all right now, but my room is a mess. I have tons of papers everywhere on my desk, and tons of clothes on the floor. It's embarrassing, really. And not only is my room a mess, my life is crazy hectic, too. School work, midterms, leading a Bible study, Orchestra practices, SAT's, and college searches are the top on my list. In addition to that, I'm trying to keep up with friends, both in state and out of state, and try to make time to relax in between. It's a crazy time right now, one that is very cluttered and complex.
 
But if I could describe life in one word, it would be this: Jesus.
 
You see, in the midst of craziness we forget that life is really simple. We are sinners and Christ died for us so that we could live with God again. That's it. We don't have to do anything to earn God's love and we don't have to be busy with things 24/7 in order to be happy.
 
He is all we need.
 
The world tells us that we have to be the smartest, prettiest, and the most successful person. And that we have to work our way to get there and always be busy to do it. But sometimes in the midst of craziness, we need to relax and just say "God, you have it under control."
 
God is the only one that gives us peace when times are tough. God is the only one who will fill that emptiness we have inside. God is the only one that matters.
 
He is all we need.
 
Jesus said, “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” -John 16:33
 
In the craziness of life, we have to remember that He is all we need. It's that simple but that hard. Once we figure it out, though it is that rewarding.