Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Good News

John 14:12a - "I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing."

This verse was spoken by Jesus, just in case if you were wondering. I tried to find a verse that is corresponding with what I am talking about. Here's the topic: sharing the gospel. I have posted a lot about this, but I had a pretty cool experience today.

We were eating dinner at the table and my dad was sharing with us a story about his plane ride (work-related). He was sitting with a woman that was talking about this product that was basically vegetables smashed up into a little pill (for all those vegetable haters). She really liked this product and talked about all the studies that showed that this would help. She went on and on about it, and my dad was listening. And one thing he said at the table took my attention. He said, "When someone truly believes something, they will share about it to everyone, even people they don't know." When he said that, I was like, "Wow, God you are definitely speaking to me." And I bet you that He is speaking to some other people who are reading this. If you truly believe something, you are going to share about it with everyone that you know. That's a given. And that is what this verse is saying. It says that if you have faith, you will do what Jesus did. And what he did is he talked about his Father. Now think about this. Have we, in the past week, shared our faith with someone? How about even in the past day? If we believe with gusto, I think that most of us would be. If you believe, try today and share to someone about this great gift that you have. Remember, the Gospel means "good news". If it's good, I think that we should share it with everyone.