Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The Mystery of God

Warning: This blog post is going to leave at a cliffhanger and we won't know the rest until we are in God's hands.

Warning #2: This post is very long, so grab a cup of coffee, and read!

I know a person who is an atheist. I tried to have this one conversation that I read in a book called One thing you can't do in heaven by Mark Cahill (I highly recommend it). I talked to him and this is what we basically said. I said, "God created the earth." "No he didn't." "Yes he did. Is there a designer, a creator, and orderer to that building." "Yes." "How do you know there is one." "Seeing the building." "Would you basically say that there is a designer, a creator, and an orderer to everything around us?" "I know what you're going to say next." "Well then answer the question." "Everything has a designer, a creator, and an orderer in this world... except for this world."........ Interesting conversation, right?


Genisis 1:1 - "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth."


There it is, right in the first sentence of the bible, God says that he created the heavens and the earth. Think about that for a second... I know a lot of questions pop up into my mind about the first four words, "In the beginning God..." I think, "Well does that mean God is in the beginning? Well, who came before God?" The last six words say, "... created the heavens and the earth." Now I think, "Well, how did he create them? How did he make them?" If you go on further the bible says...


Genisis 1:2 - "Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the spirit of God was hovering over the waters.


That next verse just pops more questions into my mind. "Well the earth is formless, so how did God make something out of nothing? If the spirit of God was hovering over the waters, does mean that the waters were there with God, or is it just a way to help us understand?" Just in the first two sentences of the Bible, there are tons of questions that are going through my mind. We won't know the answers until we are in God's hands.

I want you to watch a video. It's four minutes long, but it shows everything that God made. You'll see when you watch it. I know that people watched this in one of my other posts, but now look at it as what God made. You'll be amazed and the cliffhanger will start forming even more.

http://www.crazylovebook.com/videos_awe.html

Even though I didn't give you a "happy" ending this morning, I hope it made you think. Even though it is hard to believe, God did make everything. It came from the Bible which has never been wrong. People keep finding more evidence that, that is true, but most people believe in evolution, that there was a "Big bang" or something. That's not true. The only 100% true thing in this world is the Bible and God. I hope even though you are reading these blogs, that you are reading the Bible by yourself, too. It will help you grow in your relationship with God better.