Monday, June 7, 2010

If you are faithful, you will do good works

James 2:14-18 - "What good is it, my brothers if a man claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such a faith save him? Suppose a brother or sister is without clothes and daily food. If one of you says to them, 'Go, I wish you well; keep warm and well fed,' but does nothing about his physical needs, what good is it? In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead. But someone will say, 'You have faith; I have deeds.' Show me your faith without deeds and I will show you my faith by what I do."

I don't know about you, but I think that Christians get a bad rep. Can you think of any ways we are thought of as bad? Some people think we are hypocrites and are annoying. Most of us who claim we are Christians do pretty much the same things that "non-believers" do. We have to stand out, to "do good works." Do you see Christians feeding the homeless? Do you see Christians loving those who love you. I know that some of you do that, but I am talking to the ones who don't love their neighbor as themselves every day. We need to really do what we say, we should love God and love others. Even though I am writing this, I know I've not loved people as much as I should. I know I haven't fed the homeless before. So, today, let's do something Jesus would do. I'll do it with you starting... NOW!