Wednesday, March 9, 2011

What Would Jesus Do?

I was recently reading a book called "In His Steps" by Charles M. Sheldon. This book is a great story! It is about a man who preaches telling the church to live as Jesus would. The message was convicting, and these people really started to ask the question, "What would Jesus do?" in every situation. It changed the town and other towns. I won't go into all the detail, but here is the book.

Now, if every church-goer truely lived by the question "What would Jesus do?" we would have a changed world. I have tried, and I have failed, but I am still trying to live as he would.

For example, a friend of mine took my chesestick at lunch and I was begging her to give it back. Then I started to think about what Jesus would truly do. The verse Matthew 5:40 came into my mind. "And if anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, hand over your coat as well." So I gave her my chesestick and I asked her if she wanted my granola bar, also.

That shows you that even in the little things, we should still act like Jesus would, even if we endure suffering. I challenge you to try to live like Him in every situation. It is hard, and you will forget sometimes, but it is worth it.