Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Faith without actions is dead

James 2:17 - "In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead."

People say to have faith is the way to get to heaven. When the Bible says to believe, it means to trust and do. That is what this verse is saying. It says that faith by itself is dead. You have to truly trust, and if you trust, you will be serving for God. To see someone who says they are a Christian, and doesn't do it, means that you might have to check twice to make sure that they truly are Christian. When someone says they believe and do something else, you should seem suspicious. Try to look at your life now and see if you are trying to serve for God wherever you are. If you are being lazy, not reading your Bible, going on Facebook all day, being mean to other people, you might want to re-think if your heart truly believes. And to all those people who are kind of in the middle, I can tell you that when I participated in the Bible Bee this summer and really got into the Word, my life changed. I haven't had as much anxiety, I am joyful, and I've been asked why I am so different than everyone else. Trust me, the most life changing thing you can do is to dwell on God's word. Try it today with an open heart.