Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Not Guilty

Romans 8:1 - "Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus."

To tell you the truth, I thought that this verse was a little bit confusing when I first read it. But now I get it. Condemning means to be guilty. And I was thinking, "We are all guilty of something!" But now I realize that it is saying that whoever truly believes in Christ has a clean slate. And the believers are made perfect because of Christ's blood. In the Old Testament times, they had to sacrifice "perfect" animals to God to become clean. But since Jesus was truly perfect, he became everyone's sacrifice when he died on the cross. And when you believe, his sacrifice applies to you. And you are not guilty. Isn't that amazing? To think that you are now perfect in God's eyes, is so cool. You are able to be in his presence, because of Jesus. Next time you talk to God, thank him of that.