Sunday, August 29, 2010

Work for God

Colossians 3:23 - 'Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart as working for the Lord, not for men."

This verse is a good encourager when you have to work. Even if it's doing household chores, or an actual job, none of us like to work. Working is hard, and tough. It's easy to skip through it, and just say you did it. We shouldn't do that, because God is watching. We should work at it with all our heart. However much the heart can work, we should use all of that (if that makes any sense). Also, when we work, we should work as if it is God's house, not someone else's place. So think this when you work, "If God lives here and wants me to work, how hard would I work and what should I do?" I've asked myself that question before, and I didn't like my answer. If God lived where I worked, I would do every detail of the place perfectly. When I work, I don't feel like doing that. I feel like getting things done quickly. That is why this verse is so hard. My suggestion is, have your heart turn towards God and he will help you work hard.