Thursday, April 28, 2016

Final Update: Thank you

Let me just say, these past eight months have been a crazy ride. Everything from moving to a different country, to taking my first ever Bible classes, having surgery, translating sponsorship letters, using violin for ministry, gaining friends from all around the US and the DR, teaching English, translating for groups… the list goes on and on. Wow, have things changed since I graduated from High School!  

I pray that the efforts I have made here in the DR are not just temporary, but that I have been able to eternally impact people for God’s glory. Only the Lord knows what that impact looks like. I may still be unsure and unaware of the influence I have had on others, but there is one thing that I am sure of: the influence others have had on me.

I wanted to take this chance to say thank you to everyone reading this update. Without realizing it, you have made an impact on me these past eight months. Whether it meant praying for me or providing for me financially to come on this trip, you impacted my life. Thank you so much for being there and faithful to read these updates.

The biggest praise I could say right now is just this whole experience and the amazing things that God has done with it, and the biggest prayer requests I could ask for right now is to be able to transition and be faithful to the things that the Lord has for me to do.

Now off to the next journey… time for the States!

Thank you again! Sincerely, Rebecca

P.S. Would you believe me if I told you that I was able to recap my whole GAP experience in only fifteen pictures? Well, I did it! It’s super cheesy, but it quickly summarizes the goal of the program that I went with and shows some fun shots. If you’re interested getting a general feel for my past eight months, click here!

P.P.S Y’all have been so faithful in praying for me; if you have any prayer requests yourself, please send them to me! I would love to pray for you!